(Picture source from media.rd.com)
Here are top 10 table manners summarized by Emily Post:
1. Chew with your mouth closed.
2. Avoid slurping, smacking, blowing your nose, or other gross noises. (If necessary, excuse yourself to take care of whatever it is you need to take care of.)
3. Don’t use your utensils like a shovel or as if you’ve just stabbed the food you’re about to eat.
4. Don’t pick your teeth at the table.
5. Remember to use your napkin at all times.
6. Wait until you’re done chewing to sip or swallow a drink. (The exception is if you’re choking.)
7. Cut only one piece of food at a time.
8. Avoid slouching and don’t place your elbows on the table while eating (though it is okay to prop your elbows on the table while conversing between courses.)
9. Instead of reaching across the table for something, ask for it to be passed to you.
10. Always say ‘excuse me’ whenever you leave the table.
(source from http://www.emilypost.com)
Since technology is part of our lives now, I’ll have to add one more important table manner #11:
****11. Don’t play with your phone at the table !!!!!! ( It is very rude !)